Gold Analysis & Precious Metal Testing...
Featuring the Thermo Scientific Niton DXL Precious Metal Analyzer and AuDIT Plating Detection Technology
With the volatility and high price of gold, precious metals, and gems, you cannot afford the time or the potential inaccuracies of traditional testing methods to determine the value of items being bought, sold, or recycled. Using Thermo Scientific™ portable x-ray fluorescence (XRF) analyzers, now with Thermo Scientific AuDIT™ gold-plating detection technology, you can find out in just a few seconds, with fire assay-comparable accuracy, the precious metal content in jewelry, coins, and other valuable products. What's more, we've also added the Thermo Scientific Niton® DXL desktop x-ray lab to our portable XRF family for nondestructive precious metals analysis.
Accurate Purity Analysis Meets Ease of Use
That's all it takes – one push of a button or a simple trigger pull, and almost instantly you will have an accurate purity analysis for on-the-spot sorting and valuation of gold and all precious metals...as well as quantification of other desirable and undesirable elements.
Because of the value of these metals, it's vital that no material is lost in the testing process. With our portable XRF technology, analysis is:
- Simple and easy to use - minimal to no sample preparation required
- Nondestructive - no harsh acids or chemicals
Quickly Detect Gold Plating
Thermo Scientific Au/gold Detection & Identification Technology (AuDIT), a patent-pending software feature helps you meet the challenge of identifying gold-plated items. This proprietary plating detection technology was developed for, and is only available on, Thermo Scientific portable XRF instruments, including the Niton DXL and Niton XL2 precious metal analyzers.
Several independent, complementary methods in the AuDIT software work in tandem to alert you to the probability that an item is plated. The primary, patent-pending technology based on elemental XRF signatures works regardless of the gold concentration of the plated surface layer. AuDIT technology works for vermeil (gold-plated silver), as well as gold-plated copper, steel, tungsten and any other non-gold substrate.
Built for Your Requirements
So when speed, accuracy, ease of use, and reliability count, our combination of hardware, software, and direct industry experience helps meet your specific analytical requirements, allowing you to:
- Simultaneously measure the content of all gold and precious metals with no need to manually change your calibration based on the metal you're analyzing – e.g., gold (Au), silver (Ag), platinum (Pt), palladium (Pd)
- Precisely determine the presence and concentration of other trace alloying elements and dangerous heavy elements, which could impact valuation and future refining needs – e.g., lead (pb)
- Efficiently identify most gold-plated items
- Capture images and focus in on small areas using our integrated camera and 3 mm small-spot feature (depends on model)
A culture of innovation and a distinguished history of breakthrough achievements define our XRF analyzers, engineered from the ground up to help you determine precious metal content. Your need for fast, accurate, nondestructive results are clear. Just as clear are the benefits your business can realize from using the Niton DXL, designed specifically for countertop use in retail environments, as well as our handheld Thermo Scientific Niton XL2 Series and Niton XL3t Series XRF analyzers.
Thermo Scientific Portable XRF Analyzers - Common Features
With their many standard features and available options, our portable XRF analyzers stand far above the competition.
- Analysis of all precious metals as well as most all other common alloying elements, including Pb
- Lightweight, yet ruggedly built
- Ergonomically designed with daylight-readable icons
- Customizable menus for ease of use
Take advantage of the standard Thermo Scientific Niton Data Transfer (NDT™) software suite to customize your instrument.
- Print certificates of analysis with your company's logo
- Generate customer reports
- Set user permissions
- Remotely monitor and operate the instrument hands-free
- Allows direct data transfer to your PC or networked storage device.